a simple table























I'm thinking along these lines for Thanksgiving...


40 comments

  1. Janet - What a beautiful spot for giving thanks! Have a great weekend. Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, one extra plate for me please!

    xo jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Love the fresh arrangements of thyme and is it sage? As always, gorgeous photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what it's all about! Focus on the company and the surroundings that are so beautiful! Oh yeah, I'm quite certain the food will be fantastic too! Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janet. Love everything! Now I need to ask..where did you get the dishes,silverware???? Giving you Thanks for being so "Down to earth"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! And those herbs will be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Janet, And, will it be a romantic al fresco dinner for two. That would be perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely. I'm reading Skinny Bitch and my husband is very afraid!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that table and the simplistic, clean and natural setting is right up my alley. Fab photos my friend.
    Happy Friday.
    T

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful place to give thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely Janet

    your weather looks so mild...
    we are expecting snow flurries...
    my sister is coming down to her Rancho Mirage townhouse to escape the cold

    your cutlery pattern is very nice and I like the herabge arrangements
    don't forget the sunscreen!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The idea of eating Thanksgiving dinner outside is just so foreign. What will the temperature be?

    ReplyDelete
  13. If it was warm enough here, I would be dining al fresco too. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can you pull out one of the white dining room chairs for me? :)

    It all look very natural and relaxed...and pretty! Sure beats being squished around the dining room table inside.

    ReplyDelete
  15. thank you everyone, i'm surprised you all like this!

    anon - my dinner plates are restaurant buffalo ware from my catering days and the silver is, actually i don't know but will look it up and get back to you.

    steve - it is supposed to be sunny and in the low 70's.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks very simple and peaceful but I know there will be plenty of work going on in the kitchen. Only 4 for dinner? I really LOVE your black and white decorating. Simple but oh so elegant.
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Ms Janet, I have been reflecting on your post about holiday stress. There is something odd and artificial about the need to stage every event. In this respect, I love the elegance and confidence of this simple setting. If I were lucky enough to be one of your guests, I would be rejoicing in the lack of fussiness and happy to be in such lovely surroundings. Your Thanksgiving is going to be just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful. Nothing nicer than white china on wood. With greenery.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dear Janet,

    I love setting the table out in white. I think with a white plate the attention is focussed on the food. It makes it stand out more. Love the little bunches of herbs in the glasses. How decorative herbs can be!

    Happy weekend & lieve groet,

    Madelief

    ReplyDelete
  20. I adore the use of herbs in your bouquets. Very organic -- love it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love it! Clean,Classic. How clever of you to make the people who attend and the food the focus.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful and simplistic!

    Re: Your 333 post... I managed to get a good deal on a black v neck cashmere sweater @ Macys this week. But now I'm thinking a bright color would be nice too :)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  23. I can't imagine a more lovely setting for Thanksgiving. Go for it.

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, so pretty. How lovely to be blessed with the gift of extremely good taste... How fortunate to have the intelligence and perseverance to live a considerate way of life! Class Act!-Suzanne in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  25. Kindred spirits we are when it comes to table setting J. I'm a no fuss kinda girl too. Less is more, so I just loove this.
    But you know, down here everyone tends to kick back and the emphasis is on casual.
    You would like us J, so when are you coming?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the Simple Elegance of it all...........maybe in my next lifetime.

    the other Janet

    ReplyDelete
  27. Dear Janet, It is all lovely and I love it because it is real. Hugs, Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm thinking I'm liking how you're thinking. And I just may dig into my quilting stash fabric, make a simple fall print tablecloth, and slap it on our picnic table and follow your lead! What a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I like it too Janet...the herbs are perfect!

    But...where are the wine glasses?

    kelley

    ReplyDelete
  30. love it! pass the turkey... oops 'tofu turkey' please;)!! and, I'm with kelley- I'm gonna need some wine!

    xxj.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Perfection. White china, herbs and fresh air. Gorgeousness Janet. x
    p.s. feeling a bit sad as this time last year i was IN california for Thanksgiving! Cannot believe a whole year has flown by already. x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Once again, your simplicity is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Aaaah perfect and simple! Is that sage?

    xo
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  34. they are little boquets of thyme, rosemary and sage - the herbs used in the wild rice rissoles that i will be serving on thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  35. And I'm thinking I like your thinking! It's perfect Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Outstanding my dear Janet... agree with many, simple and charming!!!!
    cariños

    ReplyDelete
  37. How beautiful Janet! As I write, the earth is covered in snow outside...Sitting at a table out under the trees for Thanksgiving sounds quite heavenly.
    X Trina

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is the perfection of simplicity. The most beautiful place to eat is in a garden.

    xo



    Luciane at HomeBunch.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Janet, where are you? Please take a look at my notice and let me know. You gotta go! K.B.

    ReplyDelete

kindness is never out of style.

Back to Top