EASY soup*

I have been getting emails asking for recipes so instead of posting my weekly menu, today I'm going to post what is perhaps the easiest soup recipe I have ever made. I got the recipe from http://www.vegetariantimes.com/ but made a few changes. If you can use a can opener then you can make this soup. There is no chopping, measuring or pureeing involved. You don't even add spices. Each serving packs a whopping 19 grams of protein. It makes a huge batch so it's perfect for this time of year. You can bring it to a potluck or share it with a neighbor. It's a spicy soup so if you need to mellow it out, just add a dollop of sour cream or cut back the enchilada sauce and use a little vegetable broth instead. But I think it is perfect just the way it is. I serve it with slices of fresh avocado on top and crusty french bread.

~
green chili and pumpkin soup
~
1 can black beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can garbanzo beans
1 28 oz can cut tomatoes w/juice
1 30 oz can green enchilada sauce
1 15 oz can unsweetened pumpkin
s & p

  combine rinsed beans with the rest of the ingredients and heat through.


*no animals were harmed making this soup




14 comments

  1. Sounds fabulous. I will definitely try it. Pumpkin? Sounds intriguing...and very healthy :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so good, and easy Janet! Thanks for sharing. Question, why do you spray the soup pot with non-stick spray? Wouldn't the tomato juice keep the beans from sticking? Or maybe it depends on the type of soup pot?
    Just came across a chipotle sweet potato soup... now doesn't that sound good!! I love soups!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joan,

    I think the idea behind the non-stick spray is for easier clean-up. I doubt it matters to the recipe at all. And please share your sweet potato soup recipe.

    ~janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will try this! I already make a black bean and pumkin soup, but this sounds so easy. I love the sharing of recipes, keep them coming. And thanks for your sweet note today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good and your are not kidding, that is easy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds so warm and cozy. Don't you just love soup season - can't wait to try your recipe! xoTrina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just invite me to your dinner to try this delicious soup and I´ll bring lots of roses to you!!!
    Abrazo de hipopòtamo
    María Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi dear Janet, I wrote a message but did not appear... o.k. again then... I was saying that you can invite me to try this soup, sounds delicious, and I´ll bring a big bunch of roses, big, big I mean... o.k.??
    Cariños
    María Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pumpkin sounds like a very interesting addition..sounds delicious overall!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Janet,
    I've made (and enjoyed)that soup many times, without the pumpkin. Next time I make it, I'll try adding that. For us, it was the un-official beginning of fall this weekend, because I made the first big pot of veggie chili. Otherwise, spent the day much like you did!
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  11. That soup is great. Had it for dinner tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I made this soup today. So easy!! And delicious. A new favorite added to the repertoire. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

kindness is never out of style.

Back to Top