Everlane tall boot review

Gifted from Everlane



I honestly have no idea how Everlane decided to reach out to me and gift me (gift me!) some of their most beautiful products to review.  I am so grateful to them and to you guys for allowing me this space to indulge my love of fashion and to show you, just bc we are a little older we can still lead stylish lives.  If fashion is your thing...




Before I talk about this look, I want to talk about these boots.  They live up to all of the Everlane boots I own and then some.  I've styled this here but can't wait to style more (warning, I will be!)  This is basically their Day Boot but with a tall shaft.  I don't live in a cold part of the country obviously but I know I'll get a lot of use out of these bc it does get cold here.  Not just as cold as it gets where you likely are.  The fit is so dang comfortable, like wearing slippers and the leather is so soft it molds to your foot instantly.  The solid block heel makes it super stable and adds to the comfort.  I have a high arch and so I don't know if that helps or not but it's a 2" heel and I love the height it gives me without any aching cost.




During the holidays we like to go to The Mission Inn in Riverside to see the lights they put up.  It attracts thousands and thousands of people from all over Southern California.  And no matter the daytime temps here, the nights are always cold and this is what I'll be wearing.  It's the Recashmere crew Sweater and high waisted skinny black jeans with the boots and my 2nd hand Burberry trench.  Story below...



x


26 comments

  1. Oh my goodness, this is my favorite outfit so far! It's just perfect; you wear it so well! Looking forward to more. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank u kathy. i hope i'm not boring u with all this fashion stuff! x

      Delete
  2. Those boots are gorgeous and the trench well I am totally swooning over this outfit! And I have only had one sip of my morning coffee!!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Burberry trench! You never see them in secondhand shops in England and if you do, they're usually in bad condition. I've wanted one for so long. In 2012 they were £1195 - should have taken the plunge then: now they're £1400 :-O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. anna i know! i've always wanted one and when i moved here and saw my little miss doris walking her poodle i saw how chic she looked every morning. when i introduced myself to her and we became friends and she told me she found it at the salvation army for $10 in perfect condition. I do think she'd have been proud that I paid $10 for hers. i miss her. x

      Delete
  4. Dearest Janet, How wonderful that you have such a cherished memory of your Burberry trench! Makes it all the more special! Hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving! Love, from Katie in Huntington Beach xxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank u katie. looks like our thanksgiving is going to be raining! x

      Delete
  5. You look smashing as always! Would you be so kind as to share your lipstick brand and shade? We have quite similar coloring and I'm trying to find one with a little pop but not too bold. You nailed it!

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. AJJ...
    sheer perfection! XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG you look amazing! Those boots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As usual you look wonderful. the boots are beautiful but what i really covet is the trench coat. years ago i also was able to come by a gently used Burberry much like yours. I wore it for years but for some foolish reason I donated it in a fit of cleaning out the closet. what was I thinking?!!
    Darby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh no darby! nooooo! lol, that's the way it goes tho right?! oh well maybe it was meant for another home? that's the way i look at things. x

      Delete
  9. I read this post yesterday and stopped at an estate sale on my way home from work and guess what I found there...a vintage Burberry trench! I paid $15. The leather buckles are a bit dried out, but otherwise in perfect condition. After I got it home and was admiring myself in the mirror, I put my hands in the pockets and discovered one cashmere lined leather glove in each pocket! And in my size!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's incredible lori! wow how exciting and i love finding things in the pockets, old lighters or matches and usually a hankie. but i've never found cashmere lined gloves before. that's amazing. x

      Delete
  10. I'm telling you, you are my style goal!

    D.

    ReplyDelete
  11. More important than the trench, your crackcrete. Hope you never replace your concrete parking pad with new concrete. Those patches are perfection, pure wabi-sabi. Flow with the character and age of your home.

    Garden Design is in the details, including what to keep of the Poverty Cycle. Your clothing pics always intrigue, for their backdrops. A perfect, charming Garden thru the seasons. More you, to me, than the clothes.

    Similar to the question in one of Frances Mayes' books, "What is her house like? Meaning, what is she like?".

    Thank you for all you share, each layer.

    Garden & Be Well, XOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dear tara thank u so much for your lovely comment. i would never replace that mostly bc it would cost a fortune but truly bc i love anything old, chipped and cracked (except my neck) but i love Frances Mayes and that line is so good. x

      Delete
  12. Love those boots. Of course the trench is a classic. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wasn't following your blog at the time of Miss Doris, so I just popped back to read the Burberry trench story, and saw you also managed to pick up a cherished I.Magnin maxi dress too! So lucky! I wore a vintage I.Magnin frock from the 50s for my wedding, and am in the process to getting it dyed so I can wear it again as a party frock. I do miss the days of glamorous department stores like those!

    ReplyDelete

kindness is never out of style.

Back to Top