my fall lookbook 6 pieces - endless possibilities






Good morning darling.

Today I've put together some fall looks that I can't wait to wear.  It's too hot here to wear them regularly but I can see and feel the weather changing.  Thank you to Cindy Hattersley for inviting me to participate in this thing.  All 6 pieces are mix and match and can take you from housework to a dinner date.  At the end of the post you will see links to 7 other bloggers who've joined today.  Also I put together similar items for you at the end.  Also Also, I've linked a favorite 2nd hand source.  I hope you enjoy what I've put together bc I had a lot of fun doing it.


Look No. 1


My first look is this $5 Ralph Lauren Goodwill skirt.  It was made in the USA and seems to be from the 80's.  I've paired it with my Everlane Cashmere Crew sweater which is also a favorite of mine.  I would wear this combo anywhere.








I love that the skirt is full and has really nice movement to it.








Look No. 2

An old favorite, my uniform.  I feel so comfortable in a chambray shirt and jeans.  I will never get over this look.  My chambray is almost 20 years old now.  The jeans are the high-rise cheeky from Everlane.




The leopard mules from Madewell def give it a bit of an edge.




Looks good with a broom.








Look No. 3




I found these vintage elastic waist tweed pants last year and wore them through the winter with my black cashmere sweater.  They are like wearing pj bottoms.



The vintage cotton blouse is from my daughter in law who sells vintage for a living.  THIS is her instagram.  I'm dying over THESE mules and wish they fit me.



Can you see how everything can be mixed?  Thank you so much for reading and allowing me this space to write to you.  You are like family to me.  I hope you get some inspiration and enjoyed the post. Now pop on over and see all the exciting things the other bloggers are posting. x










1010 Park Place
Brenda Kinsel
Classic Casual Home
Most Lovely Things
Northern California Style
Rough Luxe Lifestyle
Une Femme

27 comments

  1. Love all three looks Janet. You always unearth the nicest vintage pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good with a broom! Thanks for making my morning! Off to get properly dressed before doing the washing up...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janet, love these looks (oooo, plaid! 😍). But "looks good with a broom" ...yes, yes it does!! 😂😂😂😂😂

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it amazing that a chic looking tweed pant can feel like wearing pajamas? You've got e on the hunt for a pant like that. Loved the fun and ease of your outfits, Janet. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that RL skirt! It’s so feminine and perfect with your cashmere sweater. Love that the broom got in on the fashion shoot :-))
    Double denim is know here in Canada as the Canadian tuxedo. I wear it too!
    Now off to check out the other blogs...
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. A. YOU are beautiful and B. I'm convinced I need your mules. C. Lots of stuff in my closet is vintage as a result of being in my mix for 20 years :) Love your style, Janet.
    Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the looks. I'm a double denim girl myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the skirt.
    Doing housework in leopard shoes. Awesome!

    http://a-woman-of-a-certain-age.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all of the looks! What an amazing find that RL skirt was! You have such lovely style....really enjoy your fashion posts. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Plaid is a classic for fall, and that skirt is really wonderful! You have such a knack for spotting great vintage pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Only you can wear a sweater tucked inside your skirt and look so good. Great outfits! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so put together. I love these - especially that plaid skirt. What a find!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so in awe of your design and fashion sense. You really know how to rock them both with a style all your own. I think I may have owned that Ralph Lauren skirt at one time. I am still hanging on to a few of his old "country" pieces...I don't know why. Thank you so much for joining us again Janet. I wish I had 1/2 your style!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post!! Love these selections for fall although much too warm here to wear yet! A post on what's in your closet these days would be fun if you are up for it, as I need to clean mine out and need some fresh inspiration! Thank you for sharing, you always look so classic and chic. xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all of these looks so much Janet, what a fun post! I wear the chambray shirt and jeans combo quite often these days, especially when I'm trying to get things done in the house. I definitely accessorize it with a broom just like you :)
    Your RL skirt and those grey tweed pants, what fabulous finds. Thank you for the inspiration and it looks like I have some excellent blog reading to do, thanks for the links XX

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are the definition of class and I love every outfit! Carry on looking fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. proof that one does not have to spend a lot of money and have a huge wardrobe to look stylish!
    Darby

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love all, especially the plaid skirt - I'll be looking for one now! - Deane

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loved everything ! Those brocade mules look like vintage bedroom slippers. Perhaps by Daniel Green.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Each piece is fantastic & you are an inspiration for simple, yet classic clothing. My very favorite piece was the tweed pants...I will be on the lookout for something similar. I have read some of the other blogs & will finish the list before long. Great stuff...not just the clothing style but other subjects as well.

    You alone have motivated me to simplify my wardrobe, & just looking into my closet feels better. I have tried, but still can't seem to make the double denim look good on me. It's fabulous on you & others, but I still revert to a white shirt or tee.

    Anita ~ the cabin on the creek
    ...all is grace!

    ReplyDelete
  21. all simply divine . . . a blend of new selections with favorite and enduring pieces
    a woman who is comfortable in her clothes is lovely to be with . . . the secret ingredient
    always a pleasure
    happy fall season
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  22. Janet- I truly believe you should model- you have such an easy elegance. Love your six piece look book and I am greatly inspired by how you mix vintage with current fashion. Everyone cashmere crewnecks are my favorites! And your leopard mules are so chic. I hope you do more of these posts because they provide me with so many ideas for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great pieces, Janet. You wear them well and provide inspiration for my own fall wardrobe and how I might use what I have, as well as clean out my closet.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Janet, so glad that you were included in this series! You look great in all of the looks and are so good at putting outfits together! I agree with Dana about modeling, you do look beautiful and are so photogenic. I love the leopard mules, I have a few animal print pieces in my wardrobe. And I'm still jealous that you can tuck your shirts in.

    Linda
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Janet, your choices are an example of timeless style & you look wonderful! You even make a broom an elegant accessory!! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am late to the party but love all three looks and can see the individual pieces being mixed and matched. And, yes, the skirt!

    ReplyDelete

kindness is never out of style.

Back to Top