easy chino & air relaxed shirt by everlane



Hello ladies and gents.  Recently Everlane asked if I would review a few of their new summer pieces...yes please. I've been shopping at Everlane since their very beginning and love everything they do.  I love basics and no one does them better then Everlane.  It wasn't easy to pick just a few but in today's post I will review my 2 top picks.



I chose the Air Relaxed Shirt and Easy Chino.  They are both so good and such classics.  I gasped when I opened the box because they were better than I thought they'd be.  Let's start with the amazing pants (which I will be ordering in another color asap.)

These are the 100% cotton Easy Chino, where have you been all my life? The elastic band waist is so comfortable and yet somehow manages to be chic at the same time.  I adore everything about them.  The soft fabric, the cut and the deep pockets.  They go with everything in my closet.  They are very roomy across the tummy so I sized down.  I normally wear a 4 so the 2 fit perfecto.  Another great thing about Everlane is that there are tons of honest reviews for each product and people list their height, weight and normal size so it makes ordering much easier.  I highly advise reading them, don't just take my word for it.





Forgive the washed out photos, I'm so out of practice.  This Air Relaxed Shirt in Ivory is as light as air.  I ordered a size 4 which is again my normal size and it fits great.  Not too tight or too big.

It's really hot here in Redlands during the summer but everywhere you go is ice cold air conditioned and freezing.  I need sleeves to roll up or down accordingly.  The fabric is so soft, like a well worn favorite. I've tucked it in jeans and love tying it at the waist.  I realize I am showing a bit of my tummy but frankly it's the only part of my body that is not wrinkled 😸.  I can tie it with super high waist jeans or with a maxi skirt and then I'm all proper again.





They even look good from the back.  I will review the other items I was given and also a few I purchased earlier in the year.

And also coming up even though it is summer, I have an exhaustive post on Everlane cashmere and how they revolutionized my winter dressing.  I want to do it now because they have a lot of sweaters on sale at their Choose What You Pay section on their website.

See you soon honey. x



23 comments

  1. I love Everlane too!! you look amazing and I love your classic style....so Jackie O! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling outfit!! You look fab!

    Lisa in Fort Worth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so impressed that you can still tie a shirt at the waist, have a bit of tummy showing, and still look great! Yes, I'm envious. Those pieces look really great - thanks for the pictures and critiques, they are appreciated. I have to ask - are you letting your hair get greyer? I love those streaks (or is it just the light?). Very becoming. Always enjoy a new post from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank u jeannine. i've not colored it so the gray is getting grayer. it could be the light too bc these photos are so washed out. i was in the shadiest part of the garden!

      Delete
  4. Love both pieces... heading over to Everlane now. But first, your hair is fabulous. Would love to know what you do and use to care for and style it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank u maureen. oh gosh, my hair is a disaster. i need stephen andrew jones! i started wearing it up in a bun when larry first got sick and just haven't changed yet. i did get it cut a few months back but still wear it up? i just wash, condition and pull it up. i need an intervention!

      Delete
  5. Wow. I'm very impressed with your resilience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. i'm a wreck but i have to say just writing and figuring out how to make my way around writing a post is good for me. i guess i'm using other parts of my brain? idk. people have to go back to work i guess. i quit to take care of larry and don't know what i'm going to do. this is a good place to start. x

      Delete
    2. I love your classic style and also your willingness to share your journey with us.

      Delete
  6. Thank you for sharing this beautiful honest and chic fashion post...I am currently in my sloth walking outfit and feeling lazy...its a white tee and black yoga pants with my walking shoes! You inspire me 24/7

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i have the same sloth outfit for walking and yoga! x

      Delete
    2. I do try to look decent when I walk and have recently started small hikes! At least I start out that way...my hair is long enough for a short ponytail and I love having it up in the heat of summer but don’t have the length to do your chic updo.
      XO

      Delete
  7. Size 4 and 2? Holy moly! You are fabulous! Everlane, here I come!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank u betty. i hope you find something cute...you will. x

      Delete
  8. you are simply Holly Golightly.
    well. Audrey actually. I think you could wear the proverbial gunny sack and make it look good. you just can't help it!
    and I love how you always share your finds with us. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Janet I love your reviews 100%. So good and I love the way you put things together too, simple but so stylish.
    Very much looking forward to your other reviews.
    Your hair looks great and I'm on the same program, I'm growing out my silver hair so I wear it in a bun every single day and it feels good!
    Thank you for the inspiration Dear Janet and please keep the writing coming. Love Dani xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, those pants look very good and comfy. Blue and black is usually not a colour combo I like, but the black chino outfit on their site is lovely.

    Well cut chino pants are such a classic. I basically wear nothing else in summertime. Paired with a shirt or feminine blouse they make such an easy and timeless outfit.

    Btw, this cashmere junkie is very much looking forward to your special blog post!

    Tanja
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw this pant and thought it would be perfect for travel at the end of the Summer. And the price is so reasonable for quality clothing. Alas, there is no petite! I used to be 5 foot even but now more like 4'11" on a good day. I did purchase a top from them a while ago. This fits fine so will be considering the cashmere come Autumn. Perhaps 15 years ago I treated myself to 5 cashmere sweaters and ever since then they have been the mainstay of my Fall and Winter wardrobe but it is probably time for a refresh.
    Darby

    ReplyDelete
  12. I gasped too when I opened my inbox this morning and saw that you'd posted, Janet. It's so good to see you and you look wonderful. Thanks for sharing your life, your finds, your loves and sorrows with us. I'll be looking up Everlane . Although you've mentioned them often, I've never have followed up. You're a star... a very resilient and bright shining one. I'm glad I "know" you. XO .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is pretty much my ideal outfit. I'm a bit bustier than you, I think, so I have a hard time with tucked-in shirts, but this is my ideal. :) I've been wearing my Old Navy navy chinos rolled up with white Keds and a white vneck tee (Gap, on sale right now) and I really love it. I feel all preppy and cute and it's cool enough (until this week, when the Maryland summer humidity kicked in). I'm growing my hair, too. It's been a process since the Great Pixie of September 2018, lol. We were just at the beach for a week and it got more silvery and I discovered that if I had just a couple more inches at the side where I now have layers I'll be able to put it in a tiny ponytail! Good to see you. I've been poring over your how-to-organize posts recently in an effort to light a fire under myself.

      Delete
  13. You look so, so chic! These are the outfits to live in every day, no fuss, just clean, classic lines. I usually can't wear chinos as they seem to always be cut too short in the crotch for my long waist (and fullish bottom), but these would do me just fine. Off to check it out. Peaceful dreams to you Janet.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Janet, you should be a model- you certainly look like one! You introduced me to Everlane and I have been madly in love ever since. Love their silk shirts, cashmere sweaters, and shoes. I recently bought their wrap dress and literally wear it every week. Love these posts so much and hope to see more. It's so good to see you!

    ReplyDelete

kindness is never out of style.

Back to Top