|my rose garden. like me it needs a lot of work.|
You either love them or hate them. I love them and also love this time of year. There is something about the idea of a fresh start that is so appealing to me. My resolutions this year seem to revolve mostly around money but hopefully that will ultimately bring me more simplicity and peace.
1. Mix up my thinking and pay down my mortgage. What I mean by this is to stop doing things purely out of habit and try and look at different ways I can save time and money. In order to do this I'll have to...
2. Stop shopping for things I don't need. This is something I hope I can share with you about here because oftentimes I go to estate sales out of curiosity and wind up buying things I don't need because the price is so good. This will have to stop if I want to accomplish #1. Being completely honest with you, this is going to be hard for me. I really really enjoy estate sales. They are like walking through museums that you can buy things from. So I will only allow myself to go to the very best ones and demonstrate great restraint.
3. Continue to pare down, donate and keep things light around here. I've worked hard at purging and simplifying and I want to maintain this.
4. Grow a real vegetable garden. I haven't had a lot of luck growing vegetables and we are surrounded by organic farms that sell to local markets and 2 farmers markets each week. So even though local veggies are cheap and plentiful, I want to give this a go and see if I can't live up to the name of my blog. We'll see.
5. Continue on my vegan path. Veganizing my wardrobe didn't work out for me this year. I failed miserably at it. I held onto my old vintage shoes, boots and bags and at this point I'm glad I did. I really don't want to be spending money this year on poorly made substitutes that don't last. I really thought I was onto something but for me, it didn't work. So I suppose I'll just stick with what I've got.
6. Stop fighting the Universe. This is also a big one for me. I really want to learn to go with the flow more. I'm able to do it in certain areas of my life but there are a couple of relationships I have that I want to quit fighting and learn to accept fully. In my head I know I cannot change people but I often find myself doing sneaky manipulative things to get things to go my way. This will be really hard too.
Gosh I almost want to give up right now. Just kidding, I like my list and I really do want to accomplish everything on it. So what are you guys hoping to change this year? Or do you not like resolutions?
Please do share.