Hello everyone. I will interrupt today's post which was going to be on my rose garden (boring) to answer your questions about olive oil (less boring?) Last week my search bar didn't work and this week it's my comment section. When I hit reply Blogger takes me back up to the top of the page and then I have to wade through every single comment to find the one that needs an answer. So if your question wasn't answered I apologize and will try to answer it here.
1. Olive Oil vs linens and clothing. Do not worry about your linens or your clothes. The oil absorbs so quickly that this has not been an issue with me. If you don't turn your bod into an oil slick mess then you will not have a problem. Trust me, you'll get the hang of it in approx 3 seconds.
2. Apply olive oil is not time consuming or messy. Give it a try, you'll see.
3. I don't know a lot about argon oil, coconut oil or any of the other oils you guys asked about. I do use jojoba oil to remove wax from my clients and I love that. I believe it is quite a bit more expensive than olive oil. But if you are using that and you love it then that is awesome. Same goes with all the other oils...if you are using them and they work then keep up the good work.
4. Sunscreen. This is a controversial subject these days, especially in the beauty industry. Here is my take on it and remember this is just my dumb opinion. I've had skin cancer on my face twice so I don't take this subject lightly. First and foremost use common sense. If you burn easily like me then do your best to avoid direct contact with the sun in its strongest hours. And if you can't avoid it, wear a hat and sunglasses. If you are going to be on the slopes, beach or tennis court then you will have to use a broad spectrum sunscreen to help as back up. Don't think that using it will negate a burn or sun damage because it won't. I've seen terrible burns where the person applied sunscreen all day long. I cannot recommend a particular sunscreen. I use whatever Larry buys which usually has some crazy high number attached to it that is designed for outdoor sports. And then as soon as I get back inside I wash it off b/c I cannot stand the feel of it on my skin. If you have a sunscreen you love go ahead and share it in the comments please.
5. This has nothing to do with olive oil but a few of you have asked if I would do a weekly menu plan and post the recipes that go with them. I'm sorry to say this but that probably isn't going to happen. That would take so much time and planning and I really kind of fly by the seat of my pants menu-wise anyway. The key is to have good basics in the pantry so that when you go to the market you can buy what looks the best and freshest and then build your menus around that...not the other way around. I will do a post for you on what my pantry is stocked with if you think that would help. It's so easy to eat this way.
6. If I still missed your question ask here and I'll try again.