downtown saturday morning









































31 comments

  1. Love the images here...
    especially the rolled up jeans...
    I wore mine yesterday too but with red flats!
    Tasty looking veggies...
    your downtown looks very inviting and clean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks very quaint. And great veggie photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have serious photography skills! Very pretty pix

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos, just great, really like the beans and carrots and red peppers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yammie vegatables !!! ...what are you cooking????....happy sunday evening ....love Ria...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pics...I haven't been to Redlands since my cousin graduated from the Univ in 1985. Such a cute town...How long have you lived there?

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Janet, Such a charming street. I love the clock and the lampost. Do you think the buildings were built about the same time as your cottage was in 1890? I was wondering how you found your 'one of a kind' property, also it looks like its on a really good size piece of land, which is so beautiful with all flowers, trees, and even a yoga room. I'm so glad you found it and are sharing it us.Hugs, Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  8. leslie - thank you and the downtown area is very sweet, quaint and clean.

    steve - julie & blighty - thanks so much.

    ria - hmm, i think i'm making a stir fry.

    linda - we've been here almost 3 years now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just wonderful. When did you say I could visit? ;).

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet downtown and what a good farmers market. We were running errands today and commenting how attractive Arlington streets are. There's no downtown hence no heart.

    love your town.

    xo Jane

    ReplyDelete
  11. joyce - downtown was basically developed at the turn of the century. i really should do a post about redlands. thanks for the idea. i found this place on the internet but knew it instantly as i had once turned around in our driveway and remarked how do people get so lucky to live in a house like this.

    daryl - anytime but you did see my guest room didn't you.

    jane - thanks it is pretty and i love it here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it.. you have so captured the whole atomosphere here Janet in these photos... and from the feel of them - quite early in the morning I would say...x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Urgggghhh sorry, that would be ATMOSPHERE even... sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Was it early morning? It looks very early and still, not just the lack of crowds, but the the quality of the air.

    ReplyDelete
  15. lpc - i wish you lived next door and i could give you one!

    sarah - i somewhat preferred atomsphere.

    fiona - yes, i like to go to the farmers mkt early, sit with a coffee and people watch.

    ReplyDelete
  16. great veggie photos! looks like a fun morning!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes please I would love more photos of your gorgeous town Janet.
    It does appear from where I'm sitting to be a very 'Father of the Bride' locale - picture perfect!
    Yummy veges too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lots of vegetables for my lovely vegetarian friend!!!
    cariños

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hmmmm--very nice. This is a very atomspheric (new official gardener's cottage spelling)village. I wish our downtown had a coffee shop near the farmer's market. I shall pay you homage by rolling up the bottoms of my jeans when I walk to the market on Tuesday. Anybody else with me? Shall we have a sisterhood of the rolled up jeans bottoms at the farmer's market this week?

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's what we do on Saturday mornings around here, too! farmers market, a cup of coffee, then off to yoga! i took pictures at our market this saturday too (with hopes of posting someting about it), but yours put mine to shame. Hope the rest of your weekend was good as well! karin

    ReplyDelete
  21. joan - thank you, it is a nice routine.

    anne marie - it's a photogenic town.

    maria cecilia - thanks love.

    meg - ha, ha. do it!

    karin - i hope you post your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi J,
    nice veggie snaps. Where you live looks so nice. Meanwhile, remember how you once fessed up to sneaking into movies? Do not pay for Wall St 2 (Money never sleeps. Neither do I what with this insomnia)It is RUBBISH. Dreadfully boring. Speaking of Past Glories, I still dine out on your chef at the Playboy Mansion story too!
    I miss my sister and nephew 11/10. Why can't we all live together on the 1 continent?
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. ff - thanks for the tip about wall st 2. i wish you and your family were all together too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Dear Janet, Farmer's markets are just so wonderful when one lives in a town. The fresh produce looks mouthwateringly good and one can decide what to eat after seeing what is available on the day.

    A favourite activity of mine is people watching and how better to do this than in a pretty place with a large cup of coffee to hand! Bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Janet,

    You have accomplished alot with your house in 3 years then! We have been in ours for 12 and still have work to do!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  26. edith - me too. coffee and people watching = bliss.

    linda - surprisingly we did 95% of the work in 7 weeks. no kidding. but this place is very small.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm supposed to get my jeep back this week. Then I will be over to help work on your dreadful photography. lol.

    Didnt I tell you you neednt worry??? Your pictures are great.

    D R sis,
    j.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Stunning pictures - my idea of a perfect morning...thrilled to have found your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Janet,
    What a sweet historic town. I don't think I've ever been down in that area. And the farm stand with all its delicious vegetables looks amazing! The produce reminds me of my childhood. We had a beautiful lemon tree in our backyard so we never had to buy lemons at the store.
    Trina

    ReplyDelete

kindness is never out of style.

Back to Top