awards

In the past month or so I have received no less than 3 awards for being a good blogger. Sorry it has taken me so long to get around to posting this. I love reading about these ladies lives and so will you.

Sarah from Semi Ex Pat in Oz writes about all things stylish Down Under. She is sweet, witty and so stylish herself. She has the most romantic husband in the world. He was in Paris on business, bicycled over to Chanel to buy her a pair of ballerina flats and photographed the whole thing. I could not look at my husband for 2 days.

Next comes Leslie from Hostess of the Humble Bungalow. She is the sweetest lady who lives in a darling bungalow in Canada. I'm telling you see leaves the sweetest, thoughtful comments ever. You will fall in love with her home and garden. And soon she will be a grammy, please go congratulate her.


Finally, Ginger at Cottage on Rosewood is transforming her house into a gorgeous home. Her energy is amazing. She transforms the average into extraordinary. Also, terribly sweet and honest. Killer combo if you ask me.

I'm not sure of the rules of these awards so I'm going to make them up right now. Tell us 3 little known facts about yourself or your life.
1.
About 15 years ago I actually pulled into the driveway of this cottage I now live in and remarked, "who gets to be so lucky to live in a place like this!"
2.
A long time ago I worked at the Playboy Mansion. As a chef. With my clothes on.
3.
I love to sneak into the movies. Yesterday I did. Saw Brooklyn's Finest, not bad.
Sometimes I just have to do something a 52 year old shouldn't do.
Now I have to pass this award on.
Trina at A Country Farmhouse , you're it.
I tried this once before and you said, "not that many people follow me."
You can't use that excuse anymore!

12 comments

  1. Hi, great to know a little more about you. What interesting stories! Hope the weather is being kind to your garden, Mel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. You are too kind and very deserving of the award. Love your house and your blog. Playboy mansion...oh the stories I imagine you can tell! And, I'm not even going to ask about the movies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh! I wish i had the nerve to sneak into a movie. Way to live outside the box. Love to hear what kind of menu you have in a Playboy Mansion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for such lovely compliments!
    How serendipidous that you drove into the driveway of your future home and wondered who the lucky resident might be...so happy to see that it was meant to be you!
    The Playboy Mansion! That is so unexpected and totally fun...I'll be guessing that you had to make some pretty amazing feasts, I heard that Hugh Hefner wears PJ's all day long....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh thank you Janet for your kind words and you are so derserving of the award you really are.... And Mr SE is blushing but hopes not to have caused any marital disharmony in the Gardeners Cottage household!! Loved the glimpse into your life - how exotic to have worked at the Playboy Mansion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janet this is so interesting- a chef at the Playboy Mansion- tell me Everything! Did you meet Hef? xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an interesting tidbit about the Playboy Mansion! I think a more than a few blog posts on this subject are in order.

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought everyone would be far more interested in the fact that a 52 yr old grandmother sneaks into the movies!

    ~janet

    ReplyDelete
  9. Janet,
    Congratulations on your much-deserved awards!! I LOVED your list. Love, love, love that you wondered who was so lucky! (turns out YOU!!) and you know I love the PB Mansion part;) and number three had me having to re-read that one to see if I misunderstood.... No, you said you sneak into movies!! Now that was a HUGE surpise! Aren't you the little daredevil?! Now that I know you have it in you.... go paint the house white- neighbors be damned;):)!!!
    xx
    joan

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a truly interesting list...a chef at the Playboy mansion...hmmm, bet that was interesting!

    Congrats on all of your awards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    :) T

    ReplyDelete
  11. Janet, for the Love of God please post about your stint at the Playboy Mansion. I love it that you sneak into movies too. I wonder if I'd have the courage to action this?? Meanwhile I'm trying to remember how I found your blog? How did it happen I wonder?? Anyway am so very glad I did. J, my garden is a mess, things are DYING out there, it is annoying, plus my mower guy's gone AWOL so the grass is high as anything. Take care xxx

    ReplyDelete

kindness is never out of style.

Back to Top