simplify

In the continuing effort to simplify our lives, Mr GC and I went camping this weekend. One of our many goals in downsizing our lives, was to get back to the way we use to live, eons ago before we had children. We really loved to go camping on the weekends. While Mr. GC is an experienced hiker, I am not. I'm pretty much a wuss when it comes to the outdoors. But as I said, this was one of our goals, so this weekend we hopped in the car and went to lower Kings Canyon and hung out with some giant redwoods. It was pretty gorgeous there.


breakfast


a 1000 yr old redwood requires hundreds of gallons a water each day!

lichen?

the root system of a felled redwood, it was enormous

beautiful meadow of wildflowers

trees growing out of rocks!

we did a lot of this

7 comments

  1. Great Pictures....looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful getaway...those redwood are just breathtaking! Reminds me of my childhood ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. The redwoods are beautiful are'nt they?? Looks like you had a great time. I am having a Giveaway. Stop by. Hugs! Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice getaway!

    Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting on my Hired Help post. I was delighted to see that you lead the Simple Life and do it all yourself, or what you can do. It is commendable and wonderful that you have simplified. I looked through most of your blog posts - your cottage is gorgeous - I love your decorating aesthetic and love the classic black and white and classic elements you have chosen. It feels very clean and refreshing and I love the look!

    Congrats on your simple endeavours. I have also been cleaning out junk lately, trying to buy less, think more before I buy, and get rid of the clutter I do have. It feels good to have less. Now I just have to work on wanting less. I love to save my money but I also love beautiful things, so I am finding a balance while making our new home look nice.

    Thanks for sharing your blog with us. I learned a lot today and will be back to see your beautiful cottage again.

    xo Terri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really, really pretty. I haven't been up to the redwoods or sequoias in ages. But I'm a drive-by-on-the-way-to-the-hotel kinda girl! Camping is for hardier souls than mine. Glad you had such a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos Janet!
    Everyone should get to enjoy the beauty of the Redwoods at least once in their life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. fun pics! The roots shot is really cool

    ReplyDelete

kindness is never out of style.

Back to Top